Giving This A Shot

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
TheNotoriousWIG
Issues: Depression, Anxiety, Social Anxiety, Hypochondria
preferred pronoun: He

Giving This A Shot

Post by TheNotoriousWIG »

Hi all,

I'm not really sure where to begin or how much detail to go into, but here it goes. I've had depression since I was about 19 (I'm almost 25 now). Things got really bad around a year and a half ago, where a combination of money problems and my Mom getting terminally ill forced me to leave NYC and move back in with my parents. I've been unemployed and living at home since then, ostensibly to help my Dad out around the house, but really just because I was too depressed to get back out into the world.

I've gone on Paxil recently, and I'm making plans to head back to New York. But I'm scared. I've already lost a year and a half to my depression, and I'm freaking out about everything that could go wrong when I move back, that I've lost my chance at being successful and happy. And more than anything, I'm just tired of being depressed.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Giving This A Shot

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Hello TheNotoriousWIG, welcome to our little forum. Make yourself at home in the threads and topics here! :D

Forum tips: You can keep up with all activity on the forum by clicking “View active topics” under the main Board index. And when you post, you can subscribe to the replies by clicking on “Subscribe topic” at the bottom of the page – you can also use this functionality to subscribe to new replies of any topic that interests you.

How has Paxil been treating you with regards to your depression?

All the best to you.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”