Hello

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
mfanton2016
Issues: Major depression, Generalized anxiety
preferred pronoun: She

Hello

Post by mfanton2016 »

My name is Molly, and I'm new to the podcast and forums. It's great to know there is a pllace that I can feel free about talking about my mental illness.
I suffer from major depression and anxiety. I first was diagnosed about eight years ago, but I just realized that I probably had anxiety as a child. I have mental illness in my family. My cousin on my father's side has bipolar and my family thinks my father also suffered from it.
I'm also visually impaired, and was in the hospital several times due to eye surgeries. I think this a cause of my anxiety (health related) because I seek that attention when I'm not feeling well. I used to go to the ER constantly, because I thought I was dying.
I moved back to my hometown after I attempted suicide, because my anxiety and depression got to me. I'm glad I moved back. I haven't been so happy. I have a great therapist, psychiatrist, and support system. I'm currently going to school (in my mid 40's) to become a advocate for people with mental illnesses. I have learned a lot of crap over the years that mental health care system needs to be fixed.
I'm so glad I saw this group.
Millibee
Issues: PTSD, bulimia, depression, anxiety, OCD, self injury, suicidal ideation, DD-NOS.
preferred pronoun: They/them

Re: Hello

Post by Millibee »

Hi!

I think it's amazing that you are training to be an advocate. I bet it's something you will be really good at.

I am new here too, it's great places like this exist isn't it?

Millie
X

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”