Thank you.

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
hobojungle
Issues: Depression. Anxiety. Agoraphobia. Possible ASD.
preferred pronoun: Lady

Thank you.

Post by hobojungle »

Hi, I'm a 40 year old lady with depression/anxiety, the usual.

I used to listen to the podcast regularly as part of my office job routine. Then I had a nervous breakdown & quit my office job. I've been unemployed for over a year now, not that I am complaining. I have $ saved, so I've been taking my time in figuring out what to do next. Turns out, what I want to do is work with animals.

I am single, not ready to mingle, & childless, although I do serve three felines. I've known about this forum, but never came here until now. I was googling ways to motivate myself to clean my apartment & all the suggestions were for people who seem to not experience depression/anxiety. I want to be where the people are who might get me.

Thank you.
I am acceptable; you are acceptable.
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Re: Thank you.

Post by rivergirl »

Welcome, hobojungle!
I'm glad you joined the forum.

rivergirl
hobojungle

Post by hobojungle »

Thank you, rivergirl.
Peanut
Issues: Depression, Anxiety, PTSD, ADHD
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Peanut »

Hi Hobojungle! I'm 50 years old and can relate to your need to organize your home. I have a suggestion. Have you found "Fly Lady"? Her motto is "you can do anything in 15 minutes", and she has a great website explaining how you can get organized, and clean your home! When I get down on myself, and I'm struggling, I always go to her website. She is very understanding, has great ideas that work, and is very inspirational! I hope you will check her out, and hopefully find some help there. Welcome to the forum!!!
hobojungle

Post by hobojungle »

Hi Peanut, Thank you for the suggestion. I have tried FlyLady. I even read the book. It didn't work for me. Just one of those things.
Imissmysun
Issues: Anxiety, Depression, past trauma healing,
preferred pronoun: she

Post by Imissmysun »

Hi!

Welcome!

I love the app Superbetter... It turns trying to help yourself into kind of a game you can set goals for self care -

So you could make one of your goals - clean the bathroom or whatever needs to get done...

If you are dealing with collection tendencies or possible OCD thoughts and tendencies then I would recommend counseling to help pair down your things -

Its strange but our houses sometimes mirror our heads - when we get stuck our houses get stuck - when we are happy our houses get cleaned and happy (or when we are forced to clean because we have company coming over)

and when our heads are full of trauma and it makes us push things away possessions can take the place of people and be hard to part with because they are a substitute -

and I went on a tangent

but my main point was that you can sort of reward yourself by doing a little bit at a time - hey I organized the bookshelf today yay me! I got some kudos and acheived a goal
Just another messed up chick, who hates her body and face, and voice, and thinks she is useless and her stuff isn't that bad and she should get over it.
-Sarah St. Lunatic
diaz212
Issues: Anxiety
preferred pronoun: She

Post by diaz212 »

thanks peunut, that help me too
A comprehensive website about relieve anxiety and how it affects our minds and bodies. ="http://freeitout.com"]Read now

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”