I've had a shitty year.

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
Kittymom2
Issues: Depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: She

I've had a shitty year.

Post by Kittymom2 »

I'm really having a hard time right now. I'm tired and feel like I need a break from life. I have a wonderful therapist, but I feel like she's getting tired of me: like I don't need therapy so much as I need a better life.

In April 2016, I had an incredibly painful "needle biopsy" on my breast. In May, I lost my mother, with whom I was very close.

Then I had to put down my 19 year-old blind cat. In November of last year, I had a hysterectomy. After five weeks of recovery, I had five weeks of daily radiation. Then I had another five weeks of recovery, and have been back at work for two weeks. While I was gone, the woman with whom I work most closely convinced my supervisor that they really don't need anyone in my position. After 12 years working here, I have to convince my boss why my job shouldn't be on the line. My brother is my only family, and he's been very good about helping me through the worst of the last year, but now he's moving to a new home, half the continent away.

Money is a constant struggle. I owe twice as much as I did when I bought my home, thirty years ago. I need support, but my early life taught me to be a loner, so I have none other than work friends. I mostly prefer that, but I have no one to take care of my cats, should something happen to me.

Yep, I sure do feel alone.
oak

Re: I've had a shitty year.

Post by oak »

Thank you for sharing.

That was an awful 2016!

Hang in there.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
Kittymom2
Issues: Depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: She

Re: I've had a shitty year.

Post by Kittymom2 »

Thanks. Oh, to be as strong as the Oak!

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”