Hi I'm Ben

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
Bobo Daggit
Issues: Depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts, negative self beliefs, bipolar disorder.
preferred pronoun: He/him

Hi I'm Ben

Post by Bobo Daggit »

Hello everyone, I'm Ben. I've been listening on and off to Paul's podcast for about a year now and have been struggling with anxiety and depression since I was probably 12 or 13. First time trying a forum community but lately I've been working a lot harder on my mental health after spending a month in a treatment center for depression and suicidal ideation/planning so I figured I'd give it a go. Guess I am just hoping to connect with some more people about these issues and be able to share what's going on for me. Thanks! I am looking forward to talking more!

Ben
la15andmary
Issues: Schizoaffective disorder mostly bipolar type
preferred pronoun: He

Re: Hi I'm Ben

Post by la15andmary »

Hi Ben
Sorry to hear about your hospital stay. I hope they helped you and it wasn’t a bad experience. Have you tried a depression support group? I haven’t been in awhile but when I did go they had some good ideas. Plus you hear other people’s stories and how they get through it. Also are you working? Sometimes that helps because your mind has to think of the job instead of Other things. Hope you get better keep writing and let us know how your doing
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Post by snoringdog »

Hello Ben,

I'm a relative newcomer too, been listening for a few months....

Anxiety & Depression since puberty... yea that's familiar!
Been there, doing that... :lol:

Posted a few things here that might be helpful or amusing.

As Paul keeps saying, "You are not Alone"

Cheers!
brownblob
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: whatshisname

Post by brownblob »

Hi Ben,
I've struggled with depression my whole life. The ideation can be its own hell. I wish you well in your struggle. The forum here is not real busy but feel free to post anything.
I don't like people much and they don't much like me. -A Beautiful Mind
I'm Homesick for a home I never had.--Soul Asylum "Homesick"
usually confused
Issues: Depression, Trauma, Alcoholism, Compulsive Eating, Possible Covert Incest?
preferred pronoun: she

Post by usually confused »

Hi Ben,

I'm also new to the forum, and have struggled with depression as far back as I can remember. Glad you're here - I was relieved to see a recent post!

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”