Jesus Christ. Very hard to get started.

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
Eliseburnham
Issues: Anxiety treated mainly with alcohol
preferred pronoun: She

Jesus Christ. Very hard to get started.

Post by Eliseburnham »

I'm a 60 year old woman who's been a "functioning alcoholic" for 40 or so years now. I've looked up the date/time of my nearest AA meeting which is tomorrow at a nearby church (ugh) in a nearby town.

I'm a long time MIHH listener. I treat my anxiety/depression with Chardonnay, not meds.

In the past I've tried meds but really I've seen no difference since I stopped seeing my shrink (ingesting meds (Lamictal, Wellbutrin, few more)) when they stopped in-person visits at the start of Covid. Meds or no meds, I love Chardonnay.

I've been diagnosed as Bi-Polar II, Cyclothymic....

I've diagnosed myself more as Dysthymia. Low level depression all the time except I have had a few manic episodes so I'm not sure. I don't trust any of these "diagnoses" mine or otherwise but know that alcohol is not the way to success in this life.

Tx for listening.

Thanks for listening.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Jesus Christ. Very hard to get started.

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Hello Eliseburnham, welcome to our little forum!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the top of the page, you can click the "Quick links" menu, select "Active topics" to stay up to date with the forum activity.

At the bottom of the page, under the "Wrench"-menu/Topic-tools-menu, you can "Subscribe topic" to never miss a post to the topics you are most interested in.

URL links are currently turned off because of anti-spam, but feel free to paste a URL, the users here can copy and paste into the browser address bar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Eliseburnham wrote: November 28th, 2022, 1:01 pm I've diagnosed myself more as Dysthymia. Low level depression all the time except I have had a few manic episodes so I'm not sure. I don't trust any of these "diagnoses" mine or otherwise but know that alcohol is not the way to success in this life.
Congratulations for your observation about how alcohol is not serving you well in life. If you decide to join AA, I wish you the very best (wish you the very best no matter how you decide to make a change in your life around alcohol!)

All the best, hope to read many more posts from you, cheers! :D
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
oak

Post by oak »

Welcome!

I'm glad you shared.

Keep us posted.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
Eliseburnham
Issues: Anxiety treated mainly with alcohol
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Eliseburnham »

Thank you. Attending a meeting tomorrow. 😌
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Post by snoringdog »

Hello Eliseburnham,

Hope your meeting went well!

Small steps...

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”