HI!

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
octopus1221
Issues: Depression, bipolar 2, narcolepsy, ADD, PTSD
preferred pronoun: she

HI!

Post by octopus1221 »

The only other forums I've been a part of have been baby wearing groups and a forum through a sperm bank. I'm sure I could have started my intro in a more awkward way, but maybe not. Seriously, though, online introductions are challenging.
So, Hello! I stumbled on a podcast episode the other day and then saw there was a forum on this website, so thought--what the hell. I work in social services and am a student in a masters of social work program, so I often forget the majority of the world is not as wonky as I am (because social workers are pretty interesting individuals).
Recently, my children who share my genes have been presenting with MH struggles and it is heartbreaking.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: HI!

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Hello octopus1221, welcome to our little forum! I see you are already making yourself at home in the threads and topics here! :D

Forum tips: You can keep up with all activity on the forum by clicking “View active topics” under the main Board index. And when you post, you can subscribe to the replies by clicking on “Subscribe topic” at the bottom of the page – you can also use this functionality to subscribe to new replies of any topic that interests you.
octopus1221 wrote:Recently, my children who share my genes have been presenting with MH struggles and it is heartbreaking.
Please be forgiving to yourself and be gentle and loving to yourself. Pass on the perspectives and techniques that help you cope to your offspring - this is a wonderful gift to be able to give your children.

Please take care, all the best.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”