New here, new to all of it

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
Bay
Issues: Panic, depression, abuse, abortion, sexual confusion, abandonment, body shame
preferred pronoun: she

New here, new to all of it

Post by Bay »

I'm Bay. 26 year old female. Mixed race, black/white, raised in a rural area in a fundamental Christian cult, still recovering from the brainwashing and excommunication, 8 years later. Atheist. Struggle fitting into groups, skeptical of childhood sexual abuse. Social anxiety, panic disorder, codependency issues. Domestic abuse survivor, two abortions, fear of being alone. So much shit, not sure if this is more than necessary -overly apologetic...ha. I fight almost always feeling wrong, and submissiveness to old shitty white republican men. Parents separated at 3, feeling of needing to be all things to all people, always feeling the need to please my reference groups, no longer do this to compromise my beliefs. -B
Bay
Issues: Panic, depression, abuse, abortion, sexual confusion, abandonment, body shame
preferred pronoun: she

Re: New here, new to all of it, a PS

Post by Bay »

Raised in the Midwest (Central Michigan), currently live in the Pacific Northwest (Southern Oregon), love the west coast. Finally free of all the work guilt, feelings of being lazy because of my depression (midwesterners pride themselves on their work ethic, valuing myself for the qualities I have. I FINALLY DON'T FEEL UGLY all of the time.
Murphy
Issues: Depression, Social Anxiety, Rumination

Re: New here, new to all of it

Post by Murphy »

Welcome! Sounds like you're getting to a positive place, which is awesome! Have you been to therapy? It can be so helpful.
Any care that keeps you from your feet is a care that carries your defeat
kayle
Issues: MDD, PTSD, ADHD
preferred pronoun: She

Re: New here, new to all of it

Post by kayle »

I can also relate. 26 as well, raised in southern Illinois. Feel free to PM me if you need to talk.

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”