Hi, I'm Ian

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
imaginarynumber
Issues: Bipolar disorder, childhood sexual abuse, social anxiety, love addiction.
preferred pronoun: He

Hi, I'm Ian

Post by imaginarynumber »

Hello, my name is Ian and I live in Arkansas. I have been listening to the podcast for months now but this is my first time posting on the forum. Even though I live in one of the largest cities in the state there are no support groups for mental illness in this area. This forum is the closest I'm going to get and I hope it will be as welcoming as Paul says it is.

I am 31 years old and have struggled with bipolar disorder since I was 16. I also struggle with social anxiety and sexual trauma from childhood. I guess I would also be labeled as having love addiction, but I'm not sure if I agree. Is it so wrong to need an intimate connection with a partner?

Anyway, that's all I have for now. Thank you for reading and I hope to be an active member of the forum. :D
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Hi, I'm Ian

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Hello imaginarynumber, welcome to our little forum. Make yourself at home in the threads and topics here! :D

Forum tips: You can keep up with all activity on the forum by clicking “View active topics” under the main Board index. And when you post, you can subscribe to the replies by clicking on “Subscribe topic” at the bottom of the page – you can also use this functionality to subscribe to new replies of any topic that interests you.
imaginarynumber wrote:I guess I would also be labeled as having love addiction, but I'm not sure if I agree. Is it so wrong to need an intimate connection with a partner?
I also have social anxiety and I have a hard time telling apart my needs and my wants in personal relationships.

All the best to you and cheers!
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”