Hello everyone. So glad to find you.

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
Sky_girl
Issues: Feeling invisible n depressed
preferred pronoun: She

Hello everyone. So glad to find you.

Post by Sky_girl »

Hello everyone
I am very pleased to have found the podcast today. Now I have been listening and have found it so amazing to hear people's stories.
I have had a long road. Sometimes I have had so many things happen it seems hard to believe. What I realize is that some of us start with dysfunctional families. We pick or attract situations unknowingly. I had to find answers and eventually found I had Major Depressive Disorder, Anxiety, Panic disorder, PTSD but encourage people to read about C-Ptsd. I was surprised to be diagnosed with ADHD at 60! I learned that Imagine that.
I guess it seems that I had to climb out of a very dark period. It happened almost 10 years ago, but was a culmination of so many things that are so much clearer to me now. I went to therapy and changed my diet and did everything I could to fight my deepest depression. I was suicidal so I knew I had to battle it. I am fortunate that I am not addicted to drugs and alcohol, but I can't quit smoking. I have learned nutrition, therapy, meditation, exercise are the best alternative to battle this anxiety and depression. I have changed therapists thru the years. That was a good idea. I take everything I do serious in part of my serious recovery. Intuitively, it seemed important to force myself to get 15 minutes of sunshine a day.
I started reading that all of these things were things that help. I say it must be one day at a time. I love animals and my pets have always been so important. I do everything for them. Hope the best for all here and we must never give up. It is ok to cry. It is ok to feel weak or tired of life. I find it is time to stop beating myself up and time for my inner critic to quiet itself and time to reach out when I have the chance. Lets all reach out and pull each other up. We can do this.
Forgive me if I don't frequent here as often as I am going thru more changes. I am hoping to get my computer up soon.
Peace to all n love.
brownblob
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: whatshisname

Re: Hello everyone. So glad to find you.

Post by brownblob »

Welcome to the forum skygirl. I'm glad you are taking care of yourself and found the podcast.
I don't like people much and they don't much like me. -A Beautiful Mind
I'm Homesick for a home I never had.--Soul Asylum "Homesick"
Imissmysun
Issues: Anxiety, Depression, past trauma healing,
preferred pronoun: she

Re: Hello everyone. So glad to find you.

Post by Imissmysun »

So glad to have your support and great self care ideas and experience here - and yes this forum and podcast is a life saver - it is a little gem of awesome

Let us know how your life transistions go - if you need to vent or to journal or to be heard we are here :)
Just another messed up chick, who hates her body and face, and voice, and thinks she is useless and her stuff isn't that bad and she should get over it.
-Sarah St. Lunatic

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”