Hi everyone

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
Motivated1200
Issues: ADHD, depression, anxiety
preferred pronoun: He

Hi everyone

Post by Motivated1200 »

I'm feeling frustrated right now because I just lost a job where a lot of pressure was put on me for my performance (which in this particular situation was unfair) but I handled it in the worst way possible. When asked to be accountable for some trivial mistakes when my workload had increased 2 times in 1 week. The conversation started off very bad for me. One sided with my boss saying I had no excuse to be a human being and do the best I could with prioritization when I didn't get a break for my whole shift. I just walked out. Ofcourse it was a bad situation for me, but it was still a job. I hadn't had time to exercise and eat well like I should cause of work stress I know it helps me with focus and manners in pressure situations. Just saying I hope I can help somebody else spot this before they make the same mistake.
hobojungle
Issues: Depression. Anxiety. Agoraphobia. Possible ASD.
preferred pronoun: Lady

Re: Hi everyone

Post by hobojungle »

Hi motivated, I'm glad you posted. I am working on making the most of constructive criticism. It's simple but it's not easy. I've read it's best to ask for more information when someone criticizes you in a global way. For me, it's been helpful to realize I don't need approval, only acceptance. The stakes feel very high, which is triggering. So knowing the info intellectually is only half the equation for me. I struggle with the emotional part.
I am acceptable; you are acceptable.

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”