Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
Suzanne
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: she

Post by Suzanne »

Hi everyone.
I am new to this site and have just discovered the Podcasts yesterday and finding them helpful so far.
I am a mother of 4 adult kids who have all left home. I have struggled with depression and anxiety for many years and find it very difficult to find a meaning in every day.
Luckily, I have to work and therefore, I have a reason to get up in the morning but, I'd prefer to disappear. I would never hurt my kids so I continue on, all the time feeling I
don't really know my purpose.
I have 2 beautiful dogs who give me unlimited love and they are my saviours but it would be good to talk to others with similar problems.
Thanks for reading.
Laguna
Issues: Diagnosed chronic to severe depression, anxiety, anger issues, OCPD.
preferred pronoun: He

Re: New member

Post by Laguna »

You will absolutely love the podcasts! Although Paul reminds us it is not a substitute for actual therapy every episode it will do wonders to hear about common situations you find yourself in. It has given me ideas of what to say to my own therapist as well in order to better help me.

Also I am "glad" to know we are somewhat similar in regards to loving our children enough to not doing anything regretful. Although mine is just a dog I still do treat her as my daughter.

I hope listening to the podcasts and whatever combination of help, medicine, groups you are doing/plan to do help you help you further!
brownblob
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: whatshisname

Re: New member

Post by brownblob »

I'm glad you found the podcast. I know it has helped me make it through the last few years. I think of the podcast as my support group.
I don't like people much and they don't much like me. -A Beautiful Mind
I'm Homesick for a home I never had.--Soul Asylum "Homesick"

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”