Anxietyriddenmomof4

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
anxietyriddenmomof4
Issues: anxiety, paranoia, depression
preferred pronoun: she

Anxietyriddenmomof4

Post by anxietyriddenmomof4 »

Hello! I'm a newbie just dropping in and saying hi! I'm 26 yrs old with 4 kids.....the black sheep of my family, I struggle with addiction. My addiction was caused as a cooping mechanism for my depression and anxiety as a kid. It shut off the pain and my demons that I've always carried with me (I refer to my demons quite regularly, the not so desired traits about myself). I grew up in a very chaotic and dysfunctional and broken home. growing up I falsely idolized my father. I did anything and everything I could to win his approval yet always feeling like I was falling short. He tried too hard to be a friend to me till right before I turned 18. My mom is was the opposite, very closed off, unemotional, extremely strict helicopter parent. I was shoved into so many sports and band and choir I wasn't able to feel like I was a kid. My mother expected perfection. While my father expected to treat me as a friend while also expecting me to care for my sister who is almost 3 yrs younger. While he was off at work out of state (sometimes up to 6-8hrs away) for up to a week at a time for work. I was 13 at the time.....

My struggles definitely started extremely young for me. I didn't start receiving help tho till I was 12......years after the dark parts started creeping in.

Well I guess that's a lil snippet on me. There's so much more but it's far too much for now. If anyone is curious about anything feel free to strike up conversation.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Anxietyriddenmomof4

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Hello anxietyriddenmomof4, welcome to our little forum!

What help did you receive when you were 12?
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
brownblob
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: whatshisname

Post by brownblob »

Welcome to the forum. 4 kids is quite a handful.
I don't like people much and they don't much like me. -A Beautiful Mind
I'm Homesick for a home I never had.--Soul Asylum "Homesick"
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Post by rivergirl »

Hi anxietyriddenmomof4,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've had such a rough go of it in your life.

You have a lot of awareness about your past and issues affecting you for someone who is just 26.
Are you still getting support and help?

Welcome to the forum!

rivergirl

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”