Hello out there

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
redrabbit

Hello out there

Post by redrabbit »

Good Evening,
I have been listening for several months now and have listened to many of the older and newer episodes. I am thankful for this resource. I am someone who has a lot of guilt for being mentally unstable. I have great parents and a good support system. I went through a pretty horendous experience at the age of 10 that led to a big life change that made my adolescent years "extra" difficult (as I know this is difficult for all). I have ADHD so ya know - thoughts might be all over the place. I am a mom of 2 girls. Like to think I am good at it but I know I am not perfect and I struggle when I fail with that the most. I do lose it sometimes but one thing I can say is that I do apologize when I lose control. I admit I was wrong. Anyway - that is one of the biggest struggles I deal with. Mom guilt. I'm a mom with a very demanding job who kinda had to tell her boss off today about my expectations. I mean in a professional way but that is what made me decide to log on tonight. Because I feel I am losing it a bit. Cheers to COVID-19.
oak

Re: Hello out there

Post by oak »

Welcome!

Btw IMO so as your conscience is clear, now and then a boundary-making conversation (ie yelling) with ones boss is good. We have to keep a homeostasis with what we let them get away with.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
Heatherwantspeace
preferred pronoun: she

Post by Heatherwantspeace »

Hi Redrabbit!
Come as you are. You're welcome here.
Heather
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Post by snoringdog »

Hello Redrabbit,

Welcome!

Demanding job... Children probably sequestered at home.... Covid news everywhere you look.... Hmmm.... who wouldn't be stressed? But you're self-aware, and handling it pretty well. Give yourself a break! :clap:

Being assertive but professional, apologizing when you're wrong and being opened to discussion are admirable traits. (I've transgressed on those things, and need to improve myself).

Don't hesitate to post whenever you need to.

Be well.

Snoringdog

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”