Hello

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
Brownies
Issues: Depression, apathy, swings, unwanted thoughts
preferred pronoun: He

Hello

Post by Brownies »

Hello all, been listening for a few months. I started therapy and my journey a few months ago.
Brownies

Re: Hello

Post by Brownies »

I am trying to figure out what exactly my mental health struggle is. My therapist has mentioned dysthymia and Other Specified Dissociative Disorder. After a few of the episodes I have been looking at Autism Spectrum/Asperger's and tested high on the couple tests I have done: AQ and RAADS-R. I have a long history of trauma and was ¿molested? at a very young age by a babysitter/helper at my preschool. I often just check out, or sit in apathy. My meds, lexapro, seem to have shifted apathy into anxious energy. I hope to be able to reach out and talk with people from time to time.
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Post by rivergirl »

Welcome to the forum, Brownies. I'm glad you're here.

rivergirl
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Post by snoringdog »

Hello Brownies,

Welcome!

Interesting, the swing from apathy/depression to anxious energy. That's a familiar arc.

The trick, I guess, is to try to focus the energy toward interesting and productive things... otherwise it turns inwards toward rumination and negativity (for me at least).

Do you have interests you can apply yourself towards?

Wishing you well,

Snoring Dog
Brownies

Post by Brownies »

I am working on finding something to aim it at that is productive. I have been doing pretty well with that at home, but at work less so. I work in theatre/live events so I sit alone in the dark a lot. I went down a google rabbit hole that was definitely not good for a bit. Trying to plan on reading and working out during downtime rather than just podcasts and research
Brownies

Post by Brownies »

The apathy hasn't totally gone away, it is hard to explain. I am less often heavy and don't want to do anything, I am more often anxious and don't know what to do
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Post by snoringdog »

Hello Brownies,

Yes, Covid has put a halt to most theater, although maybe with the vaccine there's some hope to resume things soon. (This shutdown of theater and Rental & Staging has affected my work life too).

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/09/arts ... -arts.html

As far as working out, have you seen the 7-minute workout app by Johnson & Johnson? Beany turned us on to it, and it's quite good! When I do it in the morning, it helps set to tone for the day. Burns off some of the anxious energy I find myself struggling with in the morning.

SD
Brownies

Post by Brownies »

I'm lucky I'm on a VR show currently so I have a bit of work. I got a little portable resistance gym thing I can do quietly backstage in my booth.
brownblob
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: whatshisname

Post by brownblob »

Welcome to the forum.
I don't like people much and they don't much like me. -A Beautiful Mind
I'm Homesick for a home I never had.--Soul Asylum "Homesick"

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”