Feeling like I'm de-personed

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
ADD it up
Issues: mental illness, addiction, Chronic stalkers. Recovery burn out. Homelessness.
preferred pronoun: He

Feeling like I'm de-personed

Post by ADD it up »

Hi, it's a fairly whiny intro, :violin: but it'll do for now. Let's see, Schitzoaffective, gay, 55yo male I've been looking for a room to rent, among other things. Nobody seems interested in old, gay and disabled renters on disability! I know anyone reading must be stunned. Oh, I've also had issues being hassled and scammed by a few of my many past roomies/landlords. I wanted to see this post to where I can actually read the thing, so thanks Paul and mentalpodanauts! Peace
ADDitupp
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Re: Feeling like I'm de-personed

Post by rivergirl »

Hi Additup,

Welcome to the forum.

I'm 59 and have been looking for a place to live and I get how awful it can be to have to do that when you're not wealthy or at the typical 20-30 something roommate stage of life.

Glad you're here.

rivergirl
ADD it up
Issues: mental illness, addiction, Chronic stalkers. Recovery burn out. Homelessness.
preferred pronoun: He

Post by ADD it up »

Thanks Rivergirl. I'm getting around the disruptions around here ok, just have to stick to it it seems. Hope you're well, nice to meet you!
Peace
rivergirl

Post by rivergirl »

Nice to meet you too, ADD. :)
Killizabeth
Issues: Bipolar 1, Depression, Anxiety, PTSD
preferred pronoun: she/hers

Post by Killizabeth »

Hey ADD! I'm sorry to hear about your housing situation, it's rough out there. The last two places I've lived have no affordable housing thanks to short-term rentals. I hope you find what you need!
kookaburra
Issues: ADHD, ASD, depression, GAD, PTSD, OCD
preferred pronoun: she, her, hers

Post by kookaburra »

ADD it up wrote: October 2nd, 2021, 1:11 pm Nobody seems interested in old, gay and disabled renters on disability! I know anyone reading must be stunned.
ADDitupp
Hi, ADD it up! I just wanted to drop a quick line to say I always appreciate a dry sense of humor. Just a year younger than you. I'm glad you've connected to the forum. Fwiw, I am also new to the forum, though I've been listening since 2012 - more off than on, but I recently retired and have a part time job and more time and energy.
rivergirl

Post by rivergirl »

I'm glad you're both here. :clap:

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”