Where do I start?

IMPORTANT: Our mental health professionals are volunteers. They are either licensed therapists, social workers or interns. Their advice is NOT meant to be a substitute for one-on-one counseling and should be weighed alongside other opinions/resources. Since they are volunteers, they have busy schedules and cannot always reply promptly. Please be patient.

If you feel you are in danger of hurting yourself or someone else either call 911 or the Suicide Hotline 1-800-273-8255
stiffupperlip
Issues: ptsd, stress, anxiety, depression
preferred pronoun: he

Where do I start?

Post by stiffupperlip »

Hi, I'm struggling, big time. 43yr old married man with 2 beautiful girls.
Diagnosed with ptsd, depression and anxiety.
Had a friend killed in car crash when we were 18. Another close friend 10 years ago, another car crash. I grew up with them all, in our village, starting school together, etc.
So then someone totals my car on the way home from work one day and a week later, I'm in bits. It's been a roller coaster ride since then. 2 years of counselling and I was doing ok.
Then my best friend dies from a brain tumour. So that's 3 out of our gang, gone.
My wife has her own issues (don't we all!?), so it's really tough at home sometimes.
But in the last 6 months or so, I've started sliding down the slippery slope. Tried to get in contact with my old counseller, but I'm told I need to go through the proper channels first. There's a 3 month waiting list. I'm struggling t get by day to day and it's all closing in. Again.
Waiting for the car accident that will take me away from it all.

Return to “Ask a Mental Health Professional”