Don't know what to do.

IMPORTANT: Our mental health professionals are volunteers. They are either licensed therapists, social workers or interns. Their advice is NOT meant to be a substitute for one-on-one counseling and should be weighed alongside other opinions/resources. Since they are volunteers, they have busy schedules and cannot always reply promptly. Please be patient.

If you feel you are in danger of hurting yourself or someone else either call 911 or the Suicide Hotline 1-800-273-8255
jazz82
Issues: anxiety, depression
preferred pronoun: male

Don't know what to do.

Post by jazz82 »

Every night at a certain time, I hear someone come to my window and make a noise to wake me up. It would be one thing if it happened once or twice, but this has happened now for months. I currently have no income and urge my parents to get surveillance. They know there is a problem since they here someone come around the property at night too. But for some strange reason, they feel it is no immediate danger for them and refuse to get cameras. It is starting to take a toll on me in some adverse ways and I am becoming very afraid. Honestly, I feel like my parents know who it is and don't care. This concerns me and I am confused as to why they refuse to do anything about it. I need help. I can't move out because I have no income, and I do not know what to think of my parents. Someone please help me figure out something, anything.
bigeekgirl
Issues: depression/anxiety. co-dependence, disordered eating/using food to cope
preferred pronoun: she

Re: Don't know what to do.

Post by bigeekgirl »

jazz82 - that sounds frightening. Is it possible the sounds are not people?
jazz82
Issues: anxiety, depression
preferred pronoun: male

Post by jazz82 »

It’s either a sound or at some point a strong smell comes into the room. At the same fucking time. And nobody cares. I change rooms. And it follows me to the next room. The sounds follow me to the next room. At the same time every night. It’s sickening and it scares me that my folks know what’s going on or don’t care. Either way I hate them for it and am strongly starting to resent them.
bigeekgirl
Issues: depression/anxiety. co-dependence, disordered eating/using food to cope

Post by bigeekgirl »

That does sound scary. What do they say it is?
Ruby502
Issues: anxiety disorder

Post by Ruby502 »

Maybe your friends are trying to scare you!

Return to “Ask a Mental Health Professional”