Can you recommend any books/workbooks?

Erin was inspired to become a therapist through her own struggles with depression and anxiety and specializes in working with individuals suffering from major depression (including suicidal thoughts), chronic anxiety and/or emotionally abusive relationships. She is based in Los Angeles.
somerandompaul
Issues: Self-hate, paralyzing fear, depression, diagnosises that change every few years.
preferred pronoun: He

Can you recommend any books/workbooks?

Post by somerandompaul »

Hello, my name is Paul. When I asked my therapists why they thought I was the way I was they came back with being a victim of child abuse. I don't really remember childhood, but it seems like the trauma treatment books require remembering the event or events in order to move on. Are there any resources for how to heal in situations where there aren't memories of trauma and information about the past is sketchy?
bridgetbones
Issues: anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: she

Re: Can you recommend any books/workbooks?

Post by bridgetbones »

I don't remember a lot of my childhood either. I do find I can't watch some traumatic things in films etc. and wonder if something is being triggered. I would be interested in reading something on this as well. I don't know if I want the memories however.
Best to you

Return to “Erin Fox Bishop MFT Intern”