351 - Fears, Loves, Filth & Mortality w Greg Behrendt

SpookyGhost
Issues: Anxiety, self harm, PTSD, childhood sexual abuse, rape, emotional eating
preferred pronoun: She

351 - Fears, Loves, Filth & Mortality w Greg Behrendt

Post by SpookyGhost »

The comedian, co-author of He's Just Not That Into You and longtime friend of Paul drops by to lighten his day up. They laugh at their fears, loves and thoughts about mortality and getting older.

http://mentalpod.libsyn.com/351-fears-l ... g-behrendt
brownblob
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: whatshisname

Re: 351 - Fears, Loves, Filth & Mortality w Greg Behrendt

Post by brownblob »

Not done listening to this episode but I do like it. I do feel bad though because I am one of those people who is hopelessly out of touch with technology and pop culture. I still listen to CDs and use phrases that went out of style 20 years ago. Yes I am that guy.
I don't like people much and they don't much like me. -A Beautiful Mind
I'm Homesick for a home I never had.--Soul Asylum "Homesick"
brownblob
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: whatshisname

Re: 351 - Fears, Loves, Filth & Mortality w Greg Behrendt

Post by brownblob »

I liked the episode. I know the podcast is about life's struggles, but it was nice to have a lighter episode. Maybe once every year or two you should do this just to break up the darkness.
I have torn feelings about the mental health talk that goes on after mass shootings. There has not been too much this time. They don't know enough about the guy to say he was mentally ill. As one of the hosts on Fox News said,"We don't know why we should hate him yet." My feelings are torn because on the one had mental illness needs to be better treated and taken more seriously, but the coverage usually has the opposite effect. It just paints mentally ill people as much a bunch of dangerous lunatics.
I don't like people much and they don't much like me. -A Beautiful Mind
I'm Homesick for a home I never had.--Soul Asylum "Homesick"

Return to “Podcast Episodes/Surveys”