508 Neuroscience Of Trauma – Dr Erik Won

snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

508 Neuroscience Of Trauma – Dr Erik Won

Post by snoringdog »

Hello,

Wondering if anyone has tried TMS - Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation for anxiety or depression? Any feedback? (pun intended).

I just listened to Dr. Won on another podcast as well, and what's interesting to me is the targeted & individualized approach to the application of TMS, which is formulated after an analysis of the person's EEG signatures.

The course of treatment is basically an hour a day for 6 weeks, so this precludes my doing it, since there are no locations nearby and an extended stay is out of the question. (Thinking of maybe just an initial consult for comparative purposes - how does my scan compare with the database of others they've collected, and what might be gleaned from that?)

It would be interesting to see if Paul tries it and what his results might be, given his treatment-resistant troubles....

SD
oak

Re: 508 Neuroscience Of Trauma – Dr Erik Won

Post by oak »

Unfortunately I’ve not heard much about it, but I am glad to see that you are open to new ideas.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Re: 508 Neuroscience Of Trauma – Dr Erik Won

Post by snoringdog »

I've wondered about a couple of head traumas I had in grade school..

1. Climbing and s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g just-a-bit-higher to get that last luscious cherry, then... hearing a crack.... seeing the ground come up at me... and waking up a moment later to a lump on my head and a cracked cap board on the wooden fence. :crazy:

2. Getting into a fight with a bully after school, charging at him, but getting deflected and doing a head-plant into the trunk of a tree. :confusion-seeingstars: (I hug trees today, but it's mostly a metaphorical thing ;) )

And then the short stint on the football team in HS where they made you run at each other and crack helmets together during practice... :text-bump:

Dunno if any if this contributed to my post-adolescent malaise.... They used to call me "smilie" when I was a kid...

Return to “Podcast Episodes/Surveys”