Dear Paul...

remarks
Issues: overeating, anxiety, seasonal depression, emotional incest
preferred pronoun: Hey You!

Dear Paul...

Post by remarks »

Below is my message to Paul for the 10th anniversary of the podcast. If you haven't emailed one to Brooke (mihhpodcast@gmail.com), I encourage you to do so. She is going to share them all with him at the end of July.
-----------
Dear Paul,

When I say your show changed my life, I’m not exaggerating. I’ve struggled with anxiety since I was a kid. My nerves were so bad for years that I constantly felt like I was going to throw up.

It wasn’t until I stumbled upon your podcast in early 2012 that I realized life didn’t have to be this way. Hearing you and others talk about their struggles and how it’s okay to ask for help made me finally speak up. I went to the doctor and laid it all out. I told her everything. Since then, I’ve been on anti-anxiety medication and I can function normally in most situations. It’s all thanks to you.

I’m just one person, but I know there are many more you have helped. Fuck Mother Teresa, let’s put up a statue of Saint Paul!

Remarks
oak

Re: Dear Paul...

Post by oak »

Well said, Remarks.

Thank you for sharing.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Re: Dear Paul...

Post by rivergirl »

Beautiful, remarks. Thank you for the suggestion and for sharing your message.

Return to “Podcast Episodes/Surveys”