Episode 44: Mike Scmhidt

Post discussions as new topics.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Episode 44: Mike Scmhidt

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Welcome to the forum, Nate!
nate23 wrote:Paul's parting comment about using self hatred as an excuse to keep thinking about one's self hit me like a brick. I really never thought about my self involvement that way, but it is completely true. Whether I'm hating myself or loving myself, both mindset can be selfish and isolate me off from other people.
Yeah, this hit me pretty hard too. Another form of narcissism I indulge in is making all my solutions into MY plan, MY actions, MY results for ME ME ME. And I have a bad feeling that my hesitancy to volunteer for community service is because I cannot push my sense of entitlement far back enough to be a blessing as part of somebody's else's plan for somebody's else's benefit. :? :oops: :(

Take care, all the best, enjoy the forum! :D
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
Lady

Re: Episode 44: Mike Scmhidt

Post by Lady »

This episode is what started me on the podcast and I'm nearly caught up with all the episodes. What really impresses me the most is the safe space created for Mike to own up to abuse even if he didn't go into it. I've been Mike's internet chum since NNF and while he is very open there is always been a hint of something deeper that casts a shadow on things every once in a great while. What simply fascinates me the most is how Mike is his biggest cheerleader and critic at the same time. He is so funny beyond measure but sooo hard on himself. This was definitely a hook to bring me in and a great show.
Some children dreamed of becoming firemen & mothers, I wanted to be a canine. Yay for unrealistic goals!

“Come to the edge, he said. They said: We are afraid. Come to the edge, he said. They came. He pushed them and they flew.” -Guillaume Apollinaire

Return to “Discuss the podcasts.”