Ep 78 Dan Tefler

Post discussions as new topics.
Peedee

Ep 78 Dan Tefler

Post by Peedee »

Hi guys,
Ian one of those guys suffering depression like Dan mentioned that have no creative outlets. My focus at the moment is mainly on work and then nothing! Anyone out there that can give us some advice to get out there and find a creative outlet

Peedee
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Ep 78 Dan Tefler

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Pathetically, my only outlet is Google Plus - I found a group of social progressives, and I pretend they are my friends. My intellectual achievements are Google Plus comments and re-posts. I suck. :oops:
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
Peedee

Post by Peedee »

Hi manuel_moe_g,

You have a great way of making feel better again. I have to take back what l wrote in my dark moments and not take things so seriously or just learn to :) about it. BTW google plus is a major achievement LOL.

Peedee
tomas

Post by tomas »

I have enjoyed listening to all your podcasts and each one has evoked a range of emotions in me with you and your guests showing so many vulnerable sides of yourselves; being tragic, hopeful, funny and sometimes angry. This particular episode really resounded with me more than any other. As Dan Tefler was talking and describing his school experiences I kept thinking that it sounded just like my own. What really amazed and confused me was his ability to seemingly shrug it off and show so much forgiveness or acceptance of what happened to him. I still get upset thinking of my own experiences from 30 years ago and can't imagine ever being able to let go of that resentment and hate. He is an interesting guy and I wish we had been in the same school way back when, I mean really what the Hell is wrong with a little hot sauce now and then?
Thanks so much for your work on this podcast and being so brave in showing the world those sides of yourself that would be easier to hide. You are doing wonderful work and touch many lives with these stories and I look forward to many more. Don't forget that you too are never alone, we who are listening to your voice are with you at least in spirit and share just a bit of that pain alongside you.
Stina
Issues: Avoidant PD, Generalized Anxiety, Persistent Depression, Social Anxiety
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Stina »

1. The Sarah McLachlan song is called "Possession." That was "our" song, the ex and I. Sad when you think about the content of the song, but even sadder when you know that I was a major Sarah fangirl while he and I were together so I knew what the song was about and thus, so did the ex. Oy.

2. Tefler said some good stuff regarding his stepbrother's suicide, especially the aftermath showing him that suicide was no longer an option for him. I feel the same way after my brother's suicide and even put it the same way -- IT'S NO LONGER AN OPTION. The universe folded over on itself there for a moment when he said that. Weird. But then, not so much. Most episodes have those moments for me. I'm not aloneeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :)
~~~ Kristina ~~~
weird and broken

Return to “Discuss the podcasts.”