triggered by survey responses?

Post discussions as new topics.
psm45

triggered by survey responses?

Post by psm45 »

I'm currently at the beginning stages of recovery from sex addiction. I've noticed a pattern of feeling triggered by some of the sexually explicit survey responses that Paul reads on air. I am by no means condemning the responses or of Paul reading them on HIS podcast, it's just some of the very detailed things that are read are too much for me to handle at this point. I would like to be at the point when I able to hear these things and not feel triggered but as of now I may have to practice self care and skip over the survey section until I'm able to more so handle it. Of course, I know he's not reading it to be sensationalistic but certain words and phrases and even acts mentioned by the respondents (although at times, I feel less alone when I hear I'm not the only one having a particular thought) are just too much for me not in this stage of my recovery. I just wonder if anyone else has felt similar?
Herself

Re: triggered by survey responses?

Post by Herself »

Maybe Paul could add a warning before reading sensitive ones, telling you to skip ahead two or three minutes, like others do to avoid spoiling plots.
ghughes1980
Issues: Physical disability, mental disability, depression, anxiety, PTSD
preferred pronoun: He

Re: triggered by survey responses?

Post by ghughes1980 »

Hard to skip surveys unless you skip them in real time. I'd give a survey 1-1:30 skip if it's not your cup of tea. Paul seems to read parts of the survey not the whole thing sometimes.

Return to “Discuss the podcasts.”