Episode 188: Ask Erika Holmes MFT

Post discussions as new topics.
gfyourself
Issues: Emotional eating, dysthymia, anxiety

Episode 188: Ask Erika Holmes MFT

Post by gfyourself »

Marriage and Family Therapist Erika Holmes answers listener questions from Facebook and Twitter. Topics include Eating Disorders, Borderline Personality Disorder, PTSD therapies, Neurofeedback and damage caused by parents who are religious zealots.
gfyourself
Issues: Emotional eating, dysthymia, anxiety

Re: Episode 188: Ask Erika Holmes MFT

Post by gfyourself »

Only halfway through but really enjoying Erika's thoughts and her style.

Hope she could be on the podcast semi-regularly to answer questions? Perhaps as a "bonus" or second podcast in those weeks? How about it Paul? ;)
niner9

Post by niner9 »

As someone who struggles with orthorexia/restrictive eating and anxiety, I am really appreciative of this episode. Erika offers some good tips on how to talk to people with eating disorders. I didn't realize, until I was going through it myself, how much people need that kind of instruction/suggestions. My family and friends mean well, but I had to coach them on how to be supportive of me. It was an awkward position to be in, and not all of them get it. Erika's recommendations were very clearly articulated, and extremely helpful.

Also, I feel she offered a refreshing perspective, and seems warm and knowledgeable. I wish I could find a therapist like her where I live! Would love to hear from her on the podcast again in the future.
ghughes1980
Issues: Physical disability, mental disability, depression, anxiety, PTSD
preferred pronoun: He

Post by ghughes1980 »

I really like the episodes with professionals.

Return to “Discuss the podcasts.”