Newly Single -

Post a description of yourself and your issues/struggles. Include a picture if you like. Don't forget to include good stuff too! Thanks to guest Nadereh for suggesting this thread for people who are tired of dating sites that don't present honest portrayals of people and their issues. If you'd prefer to correspond with someone privately send them a message instead of posting.
meh
Issues: Bipolar, depression, general all around ick
preferred pronoun: That

Newly Single -

Post by meh »

Hello gang.

There's no relationship forum and this didn't seem right for any other place. My wife and I separated a month ago and ... I'm still alive. The issues between us finally reached the point where I couldn't stay in the house so now I'm living alone in an apartment in suburban NYC.

At first I was seriously afraid of being alone with nothing but my depressed mind for company. But I'm coping. Having the kids nearby, we live in the same school district so they can come over after school, has been a blessing.

I don't think I'm ready to start up again in a relationship. But I could use some company. Maybe an afternoon or evening comparing notes on our mental states, bemoaning our ailments with someone who understands.

So if there's anyone in the NYC area who wants some company, drop me a line. I could use some too.
"Of course you have an active inner life, you're bipolar"
my therapist.
Murphy
Issues: Depression, Social Anxiety, Rumination

Re: Newly Single -

Post by Murphy »

I'm not local to you, but I just wanted to say that I'm sorry you're going through all that.
Any care that keeps you from your feet is a care that carries your defeat
meh

Post by meh »

Thank you... that really means a lot to me.
my therapist.
Dragonfly
Issues: PTSD, Chronic pain, sexual abuse survivor, depression, anxiety
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Dragonfly »

Hello Meh..
I see you posted about your separation in February. Since it's almost a month later, how are you doing? Are the two of you seeing a counselor to work on the issues or are you just taking a break? I am not anywhere near NY, but I wanted to see how you were doing and say you have empathetic ears here.
meh

Post by meh »

Thanks... It's over. There's no reconciliation on the horizon. I'm OK with that. I just miss the kids and the life I used to live terribly. But like everything else, I'll just have to move on.

Thanks for checking in.
my therapist.
AntisocialWorker
Issues: Depression; anxiety that has features of GAD, social and PTSD
preferred pronoun: He

Post by AntisocialWorker »

Meh, I'm in Brooklyn. I went through a bad divorce a few years ago (not that there's any other kind). I just got fired for depression and anxiety-related issues but I'm hoping to rebuild.

I think it would be great to get in touch for some mutual support of you're still interested. Drop me a line if so.
meh

Post by meh »

Hi Anti Social... sorry I just saw this.

PM me if you get this. I'd love to find some mutual support.
my therapist.

Return to “Tired & Looking: An Honest Place to Seek A Partner”