Throwing a line out there

Post a description of yourself and your issues/struggles. Include a picture if you like. Don't forget to include good stuff too! Thanks to guest Nadereh for suggesting this thread for people who are tired of dating sites that don't present honest portrayals of people and their issues. If you'd prefer to correspond with someone privately send them a message instead of posting.
littleraincloud
Issues: Depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, general mental fuckery
preferred pronoun: she

Throwing a line out there

Post by littleraincloud »

It looks like this is one of the least active boards on here, but I'll put something here just in case. I am lonely and would like a partner (or a friend, but mostly a partner). All genders are welcome to apply.

The basics about me are that I'm a 23-year-old woman, diagnosed with depression and anxiety. I like literature, politics, Bollywood, and moping around. I live somewhere in the wilderness between New York and Boston, can definitely make day trips into either of those cities but am expecting something long distance (there can't be that many people on these forums near me, right?).

Cons: Mental illness obviously, can be judgmental, will continually burden you with my anxiety of the moment, doesn't like socializing

Pros: Won a spelling bee in middle school once, somewhat attractive (#humblebrag), my mom thinks I'm funny, starved for physical affection and will literally wrap myself around you and never let go

That's about it. Feel free to write me if any of this sounds good.
I'm responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast!
oak

Re: Throwing a line out there

Post by oak »

While Believeland isn't very close to Boston/NY, I wish you well!

Speaking of Boston, while I've been through many tough neighborhoods, the only city I've truly felt scared in is Lowell. I met some really lovely people in Framingham and Worcester.

I appreciate the vitality of Bollywood, but find it a bit... formulaic. Regarding Indian culture, nothing is better than naan, daal, and kheer.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
littleraincloud

Thanks oak! I know Bollywood can be an acquired (or not acquired, as it were) taste for a lot of people. But there's no arguing with Indian food.
I'm responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast!
meh
Issues: Bipolar, depression, general all around ick
preferred pronoun: That

Post by meh »

Hi LRC

I'm just north of NYC. Right near the NY / CT border. Sounds like you're somewhere in Connecticut?

I'm a bit old - 52 - more than you are looking for but I"m also dealing with depression, anxiety, bipolar, blah blah blah so If you are ever in the area, send me a message.
"Of course you have an active inner life, you're bipolar"
my therapist.
littleraincloud

Hi meh,

I can neither confirm nor deny :) I'll be sure to send you a note if I'm ever in your area. Thanks!
NGM
Issues: Anxiety, emotional avoidance
preferred pronoun: He

Post by NGM »

Hi, I am brand new here...so I hope I am not overstepping any board rules by posting. Littleraincloud, anxiety and depression suck. Your struggle is real and your struggle is shared. To be 100% open, I was only recently able to admit to myself that my anxiety is an issue I cannot combat by internalizing. It took me 29 years (and a number of frustrating relationships) to realize this. Therapy was something I was raised to believe was the butt of a joke, for those that weren't strong enough to handle life's daily stresses...it's only been till recently that I admitted to myself how wrong this is.

Needless to say, I have my first therapy session scheduled for Monday. I'm a bit nervous, but excited at the prospect of establishing a healthy outlet for feelings I can't deal with on my own.

I'm open if you'd ever want to talk. Personally, it would be great to speak with someone that knows the difficulty of dealing with depression and anxiety.

As Paul would say, I'm sending out a hug :)
littleraincloud

Not at all, NGM! Welcome to the boards. I'm glad that you're finally getting the help that you need, and hope that things go well for you. :)
EmeraldArcher

Post by EmeraldArcher »

Hey, I love literature. I'm always at my local library. There are many authors that I admire but two are Oscar Wilde and Ernest Hemingway.

I've seen some Bollywood movies. I enjoy Indian and Pakistani culture but I'm not a huge fan of the movies. Shah Rukh Khan is all right but I find the stories too repetitive.

I'm 34. I've been trying to find someone for a long time but the bottom line is I haven't found the right woman.
littleraincloud

Hi EmeraldArcher,

If you don't like Shah Rukh Khan that much then you'll hate Bollywood, he's in literally EVERY movie lol. What do you like about Indian and Pakistani culture?
EmeraldArcher

Post by EmeraldArcher »

I like how Indians and Pakistanis are really devoted to their families. Big, extended families are pretty cool. I love spicy food, especially Chapli Kebab and Tandoori Chicken.

Return to “Tired & Looking: An Honest Place to Seek A Partner”