Need a meds tune up- depression,anxiety getting really bad

Discuss how medications do or do not work for you. Post as a new topic.
Jules_rules

Need a meds tune up- depression,anxiety getting really bad

Post by Jules_rules »

I went back on Wellbutrin about 4 months ago after allowing my prescription to lapse for approximately 4 months. I previously had good results from 300 mg Wellbutrin on it's own. No noticeable side effects other than I can't really cry. When I went back on it though, I also went back on birth control after a few years off it. It's one of the period every 3 months types, which thrilled me, in theory anyway. I don't recall having an emotional reaction to being on bc pills previously, in fact, it seemed to be the opposite. But since going on these two meds, in the last 6 weeks in particular, my depression has deepened severely and is accompanied by progressively worse anxiety. My insomnia has become really bad too. I realize it could be any of a number of factors. Work has been awful and stressful. Could be seasonal, though I don't recall being previously having such severe SAD. A friend/co-worker with similar issues mentioned the possibility that my birth control might be causing the issues. My therapist suggested I ask about Abilify, but the side effects scare me a little.
I have an appointment this week with my primary care physician to discuss, but I'm really apprehensive about how long it could take to muck around with my meds to get me on track. I remember years ago when my doctor put me on Cymbalta and it made me so sleepy and stupid I couldn't work and I could have lost my job. This is the worst I've felt in years.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Need a meds tune up- depression,anxiety getting really b

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Hello Jules_rules!

I am sorry to hear that you may be going under a time of uncertainty with your medication. The Maria Bamford episode reminded me that those of use who take medicine for mental illness have to be especially loving to ourselves during such times of uncertainty.

Please take care, all the best, all here on the forum are wishing you the very best today and tomorrow! :D
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress

Return to “Medications”