Zoloft, Celexa, Wellbutrin XL

Discuss how medications do or do not work for you. Post as a new topic.
lorem ipsum

Re: Zoloft, Celexa, Wellbutrin XL

Post by lorem ipsum »

I've been taking 20mgs of Citalopram daily since July 2010, but because of some issues at my current treatment center (the previous psych nurse left and I don't have an appointment with the new psych nurse until 17 March), I'm afraid I might not have access to meds once I run out of my current scrip. Can anyone tell me about the possible side effects and how I can counteract them? I'm especially nervous because I'm about to start a new job and am worried that my old depressive symptoms will come back.
ghughes1980
Issues: Physical disability, mental disability, depression, anxiety, PTSD
preferred pronoun: He

Post by ghughes1980 »

Doing the Celexa 20mg route myself, going fine so far (knock on wood). The sexual side effects are a price I'm fine paying better to have those than wanting constantly to die. I'm not using the equipment anyway (wink). I've only ever taken the Celexa so the other 2 meds I have no opinion on but the Celexa seems to work as intended. I just have to remember that when I'm feeling better it's because of the pills not in spite of them so no more cold turkey weaning followed by despair.
Lilac

Post by Lilac »

I have been taking Zoloft for two weeks. No change that I can detect. What should I be looking for?
ether667

Post by ether667 »

Sometimes it takes up to a month for it to start working. Prozac took about that for me and worked for a year or so. I'm on Pristiq now which is a bit more intense so it works sooner though if Zoloft works for you, by all means stick with it. I'd suggest giving it another 2 weeks. :)

Return to “Medications”