gabapentin / neurontin

Discuss how medications do or do not work for you. Post as a new topic.
Nevina

gabapentin / neurontin

Post by Nevina »

I was just prescribed this for my back pain, but looking online I see that it can also be used for anxiety (which I have big time) and bipolar (which I do not have). Not sure why I'm posting, guess just curious about others experiences with it in regards to pain or mental stuff, and what doses people take for the mental stuff. (of course I won't make any dose changes without my doctor's help, just wondering what the typical doses are for anxiety or bipolar). I'm also taking 300mg Zoloft, 1.5mg Xanax, Ambien for sleep, and ibuprofen etc OTC as needed.
When life gives you shit, make shitade.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: gabapentin / neurontin

Post by manuel_moe_g »

I take Neurontin and Effexor for depression and anxiety. It very slightly raises my mood, but mostly levels me out, which I appreciate. Neurontin 1500 mg a day, Effexor 300 mg a day. I had to increase my dosage in the last few months.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
Nevina

Post by Nevina »

I think this drug is made of Magic. Definitely helps the back pain, and I feel calmer, less socially anxious, just more optimistic in general. Going to talk to my pdoc and see what he thinks as far as dosing, using it for duel issues. I'll give him the name and phone number of my primary doc so they can talk. This is pretty cool, I hope it keeps working and they agree with this idea.
Nevina

Post by Nevina »

Soooo....still completely controlling my back pain, but anti-anxiety effect is gone. I think maybe a higher dose? I'm on such a small dose now.

Return to “Medications”