Anybody else loose time but no other identities?

Kismet
Issues: Schizoid PD, depression, anxiety, dissociative disorder
preferred pronoun: She

Anybody else loose time but no other identities?

Post by Kismet »

Never found anyone quite like me who has lost chunks of time through life but doesn't have other identities. Therapist said was dissociative personality, but is that really a thing other people experience? :?: :?
HowDidIGetHere
Issues: Bipolar II, Borderline/Avoidant Personality Disorder, child abuse/neglect
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Anybody else loose time but no other identities?

Post by HowDidIGetHere »

All the time. There are vast chunks of time that I can't remember without being prompted by someone else ("don't you remember going to the taco place in Barstow?" No, I don't. Not even a little). I used to think it was just at moments of high stress that I would black out (or dissociate or whatever), but lately I don't know. Things just don't stay in my head very well.

One thing I read recently, though, is that PTSD is often misdiagnosed as a personality disorder because the symptoms can look so much alike. Dissociation is definitely a feature of PTSD and is very common among abuse survivors, so there's that.
'The field “Issues” is too long, a maximum of 80 characters is allowed.' Wow. Totally outed by a message board.

WTF Just Happened?—a new web magazine on coming out as mentally ill.
AnxietyCucumber
Issues: anxiety, depression, ideation, binge eating, difficulty concentrating
preferred pronoun: she/they

Re: Anybody else loose time but no other identities?

Post by AnxietyCucumber »

I know this is an old post, but this is entirely what I'm trying to figure out for myself.

I've noticed recently that I seem to be dropping the ball with some responsibilities but with no recollection of how(for example people swearing they left me a voicemail and me having no idea what they're talking about). It seems to be getting more severe and I'm losing bigger chunks of time, getting halfway through the workday, realizing I've barely accomplished anything and not knowing how that happened.

Return to “Dissociative Identity Disorder”