Did not know

Heebeez
Issues: Anxiety

Did not know

Post by Heebeez »

Didn't know this APD was a thing. Sounds a lot like me, more so than introverted. Ingesting!
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Re: Did not know

Post by rivergirl »

Hello Heebeez,

Welcome to the APD club on the forum. You're definitely not alone here!

rivergirl
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Post by snoringdog »

Hello Heebeez,

Yes, welcome!

I vacillate. Sometimes I've found myself crossing the street to avoid contact with passersby and just want to be left alone.

Other times I welcome contact, and am the first with a salutation... Go figure.. :?

Sometimes interaction can be just anxiety-provoking and exhausting.

SD
Heebeez
Issues: Anxiety

Post by Heebeez »

Any way to fix ourselves without drugs or alcohol? I work as a park ranger so for 8 hours I'm a social pin cushion after that I avoid human contact from family even. Dogs are our only trusted social outlets.
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Post by snoringdog »

Hello Heebeez,

While being a park ranger is enviable (but may depend on the park location, I've heard), it's understandable that maybe you'd want to withdraw to recharge yourself after a shift. Being peppered with random (and possibly ignorant) questions can be exhausting, as opposed to leading something like an historical or natural walk I'd imagine....

And family can be more stressful than friends or strangers, right?

My degree of avoidance is in direct relationship to how I'm feeling about myself at the moment. If I'm down on myself and self-critical for whatever reason or feeling put-upon by current circumstances, the last thing I want is the uncertainty of a human encounter....

Return to “Avoidant Personality Disorder”