7.5 years sober. There's hope.

Discussions on addictions and their relationship to depression. Post as new topic.
oak

7.5 years sober. There's hope.

Post by oak »

On June 16, 2008 I took a drink from a 20 oz beer, looked at the can for a moment, realized I was never going to drink again, and set it down.

Since it happened for me, it can happen for you. Or your loved one. Your friend, your coworker.

I am remarkable only my unremarkability. If any of you saw me IRL you would not be overwhelmed. I am an ordinary man. If I can find a life outside of alcohol, someone else can, too. There is nothing particularly special about me, but something special happened to me.

There is hope. There is absolutely hope.

I can look any person- anyone- right in the eye, any day of the week, and know, not just believe or think, but know that there is hope. I am ready to swear any oath in any court and face any consequences in my certainty of hope. I would stake everything I am on hope, without terms or conditions.

That is definite. Unequivocal. As sure as I know the sun will rise tomorrow I know there is hope.

There is absolutely hope. Your friend could get sober and it could happen today.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: 7.5 years sober. There's hope.

Post by manuel_moe_g »

You are remarkable, oak. The proof is on all your postings on this board. Thanks for the honor of knowing what a good and decent man you are.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress

Return to “Are you addicted?”