someplace safe for semi broken people?

To open a discussion, post as new topic.
snowflake

someplace safe for semi broken people?

Post by snowflake »

i am sorry if this question is a little strange, i read about this amazing farm for PTSD veterans, where they can just work w animals and help each other and slowly find piece.

I was wondering if anyone knew of anything similar- non medical, in the US or canada? I think in France its pretty common to just go and work in a farm for a few months rather than a psych ward. anyway, im not sick enough for hospital, i dont want to die, just get away some place w clean air and people who feel. i can work, as long as computers are not involved, I went to a few meditation retreats, but i dont think its safe unless I am at my best- unless there are different kinds? thanks ans sorry.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: someplace safe for semi broken people?

Post by manuel_moe_g »

snowflake wrote:I think in France its pretty common to just go and work in a farm for a few months rather than a psych ward.
I would be tempted to forget the US or Canada, and just go to France to work on that farm. Sounds wonderful!
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
jessy27

Post by jessy27 »

snowflake,
That sounds like a great idea, did you ever find a place like that. I would be interested to know if you did. :)
fifthsonata

Post by fifthsonata »

if you can't find that in the US/Canada, perhaps give some thought to working as a farmhand. there are a lot of farming communities that exist - some hire hands and let them live in a spare home on their property.

when I was a kid, I had a friend who had a dairy farm in the middle of a Mennonite community. they would help each other out very often. there were a few other dairy farms in the area that weren't religious as well - one had a guest house on their property. they'd hire hands during busy seasons and rent out the guest house to any hand who wanted it.

it's an idea - it sounds like you're looking for a calm environment, something relatively simple, and mental support. while the farmers may not be able to provide the mental support you need, you could find a counselor to help as well.

Return to “Help, I don't know where to begin to get well!”