Bored with my life

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
Frootsy Collins

Bored with my life

Post by Frootsy Collins »

I've been feeling vaguely suicidal lately. Not because I'm panicking or uncontrollably depressed (though I have a moderate amount of both), but because I'm bored and dissatisfied with where I am in my life and I no longer enjoy things that I used to. It's getting to the point where life feels pointless and isn't worth the effort of constantly pep-talking myself and talking back to the negative thoughts I constantly have without exerting myself mentally. I'm getting so tired of trying.
Does anyone have advice for learning how to enjoy doing things again or feeling like you're worth the effort required to feel better?
"How nice--to feel nothing, and still get full credit for being alive."
-Kurt Vonnegut
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Bored with my life

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Frootsy Collins wrote:It's getting to the point where life feels pointless and isn't worth the effort of constantly pep-talking myself and talking back to the negative thoughts I constantly have without exerting myself mentally. I'm getting so tired of trying.
I know this feeling. I felt like this about 9 months ago - I am trying to think if there was anything conscious that I did to shake off this feeling...

Lately I have tried to replace "shame" messages with "guilt" messages, and it works surprisingly well. Google "shame guilt Brene Brown" for the explanation. "Shame" messages tend to make me break down, but my personality is such that "guilt" messages positively let me work on my situation.

Being self-loving to know when I need to nap or sleep because I just am not in a state to get productive work done.

I like my EMDR therapist - that helped for sure.

Please take care, Frootsy. You are tender right now. Please be self-loving. You deserve it. You are good enough, and in a little bit when you have more energy, all you need to do is pick up a few techniques and things will turn around.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”