week off

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
brownblob
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: whatshisname

week off

Post by brownblob »

I used a couple of vacation days and took a week off. I know I need a break for my mental health from time to time. This week I have struggled to get things done. I don't have any energy and the only thing I look forward to is going to bed at night. I have been taking naps every afternoon and I just don't know how much longer I can function in this world and it scares me. I'm barely functioning now. I'm a mix of anxiety and exhaustion. I just felt the need to share this with someone.
I don't like people much and they don't much like me. -A Beautiful Mind
I'm Homesick for a home I never had.--Soul Asylum "Homesick"
oak

Re: week off

Post by oak »

I’m glad you did share that. Thank you.

Enjoy your time off. Let us know how it goes.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
techchick
Issues: Autism, ADHD (self DX), cPTSD, depression, binge / restrict eating disorder
preferred pronoun: she / they

Post by techchick »

hi brownblob,

I haven't been here for a while but I remember you. I'm feeling very drained in a similar way to what you describe ... you aren't alone. That mix of anxiety and exhaustion ... yep.

I hope some of your naps are restful and I'm glad you were able to take some time off.
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Post by rivergirl »

I'm so sorry, brownblob. I've been in that place (sometimes still have weekend days like that) and I know how exhausting and scary it can be. I hope you can at least find some way to allow yourself this time off without feeling guilty about any stuff you don't get done. Your health and mental health are more important than anything else.
brownblob
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: whatshisname

Post by brownblob »

Thank you for the replies. I am hating myself for being unproductive this week. I spent all afternoon in bed today. But the bigger feeling I'm dealing with is fear. Fear that I am getting to the point of not being able to function.
I don't like people much and they don't much like me. -A Beautiful Mind
I'm Homesick for a home I never had.--Soul Asylum "Homesick"
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Post by rivergirl »

You don't deserve to be hated, brownblob. Your mind and body are just worn out from life and mental struggles. I know it's easier for me to say this looking in from the outside, but I believe with all my heart that you deserve compassion and care, not any kind of criticism.

I feel helpless to say anything that will truly help, but please know that I care about you and am thinking about you.

rivergirl

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”