Second summer low-key ongoing project: proper hydration.

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
oak

Second summer low-key ongoing project: proper hydration.

Post by oak »

In addition to my evergreeen mental health stalwarts of (1) dental care and (2) avoiding HALT, I present my second low-key summer goal:

Staying hydrated!

Here is my preliminary plan:

1. Ice water kept in the fridge.
2. My beloved Gatorade powder (lemon-lime) ready at all times.
3. Ice and cooler things frozen and ready to be placed in cooler/insulated lunch bag for trips. (Mostly for the office and car.)
4. Chilled bottled water and Gatorade at all times, ready to be implemented with #3 above.

I'll try to remember to post, now and then this summer, with updates. Gatorade is really important to mental health.

Edit to add:

By “cooler things”, I meant ice packs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_pack?wprov=sfti1

More broadly, though it is so obvious that it seems not to be worthy of mention:

The following are positively correlated with my mental health: showering/shaving/clean clothes daily, timely food/Buspar/caffeine, proper temperature, and timely hydration.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Re: Second summer low-key ongoing project: proper hydration.

Post by snoringdog »

Hello Oak,

A glass of water is first on my list in the morning. Makes an immediate difference.

I just returned from a business trip to Las Vegas (for a convention) where they've been in drought conditions and Lake Mead is lowering quickly.

I was acutely aware of the abandoned, half-full water bottles lying around during set up.

Water is precious. We take it for granted.

SD
Mental Fairy
Issues: Recently sleep walking increased. History of anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: She

Re: Second summer low-key ongoing project: proper hydration.

Post by Mental Fairy »

Hi Oak
Great plan on the water front. Also a waterholic. Drink it through the night between sleep walking and snoring! Just not a fan when I knock it over and forget to clean it up!
It’s amazing how dehydrated we get during sleep.

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”