Seasons change/new identity/pulling back from society next six months.

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
oak

Seasons change/new identity/pulling back from society next six months.

Post by oak »

Hi friends.

While our good friend Mental Fairy receives a well-deserved summer, many of us had autumn sprung on us all at once last week.

I increasingly wholly reject American car culture, and with the six-month experience of the pandemic lockdown so fresh, I am seriously considering pulling way back from society for the next six months.

Not with this forum, of course, or other people and groups who are helping me move to a better future. It just feels natural and right to spend much of the next six months in my apartment, working on what is important to me, as decided by me.

Six months will pass either way. Will I be more authentically me, or will I continue to be programmed by a society that doesn't care about me?

I'll post more.

For now, this is difficult enough to write. Thanks for listening!
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
oak

Re: Seasons change/new identity/pulling back from society next six months.

Post by oak »

This beautiful essay, by Andrew WK in Vice, expresses well how I feel, especially about regeneration during winter:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vice.com/amp/en/article/ppvkj8/andrew-wk-on-autumn
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
Mental Fairy
Issues: Recently sleep walking increased. History of anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Mental Fairy »

Hi Oak

I wanted to say I’ve been thinking over the past few days, wondering how you are doing and sleeping.
When Beany took a break I felt so worried for a person I had never had the chance to meet. He is our mindfulness wonder. I hope we have helped him in some way and I look forward to seeing him back.

I read you post about pulling back and it’s a interesting move. Doing just that myself over a year ago it helped me reflect and unwind from the negative people around me. I felt like I took off clothing that didn’t fit.

Meeting new people is something I do everyday at work but I draw the line at the door if they don’t gel right.

I think take it month by month, you have come so far, keep the good people in.
oak

Post by oak »

Mental Fairy, thank you for taking the time to craft such a lovely, thoughtful, and encouraging response. I appreciate it!

Thank you for sharing your ESH with focusing yourself, last year.

There is more I'd like to say, but like with my scary journaling recent post, just acknowledging your kindness is all I can handle right now.

In the meantime, I hope your new week is going well!

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”