A Friendsgiving invitation.

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
oak

A Friendsgiving invitation.

Post by oak »

If you are anything like me, traditional Thanksgiving is not welcoming. For all the divisive reasons that immediately come to mind.

Instead, I offer a wide and accepting Friendsgiving invitation.

I am Other for having a speech impediment. If you are Other, or told you are so, you are welcome at Oak's Friendsgiving. Here no one is Other or Not Enough or Less Than.

Friendsgiving Themes

Stimulation

I spent many actual Thanksgivings, as a grown man, alone in the laundry room: there was too much noise and stimulation. I offer a metaphorical chill out space. You can play video games there, and interact as much or as little as you like. What you want to share is the you we appreciate.

Low-pressure coming and going

You are also welcome to arrive and leave at any time. No compulsion or shame here.

Vegans are welcome too

I have a metaphorical variety of daal, naan, misir wat, and injerra. For meat-enjoyers I have bacon straight from the air fryer.

Sober folks

I have lots of store-brand pop, properly cold from being in the fridge overnight. Heck, you can even call it "soda": all pop drinkers are welcome here.

Summary

I've always contended that if heaven has prejudice I'm not going. While I'm not sure if heaven exists, I do know I have a metaphorical pop and daal for you.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Re: A Friendsgiving invitation.

Post by rivergirl »

Oak!

This is a beautiful invitation.

I'm sorry that I've dropped off the MIHH forum radar in recent weeks. I've been getting through a respiratory illness (thankfully not Covid) and migraines so have been using all my remaining energy & eyesight to just make it through work & other necessary tasks.

I have a family Thanksgiving to go to today, but I will happily take mental breaks to be with you in spirit at your lovely Friendsgiving.

Hope to post more on this long weekend & catch up with MIHH friends.

rivergirl
Mental Fairy
Issues: Recently sleep walking increased. History of anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Mental Fairy »

So glad to hear from you rivergirl

Hope you are feeling better today and enjoyed the thanksgiving. I should start my own thanksgiving but i don't like visitors !!!
oak

Post by oak »

Friends, I hope everyone had a good time at Friendsgiving.

There were no hangovers, fights, or tears. No one was demeaned, and no one was hit with emotional cudgels (and we all know the three emotional cudgels, such hurtful slurs, most used at their Thanksgivings).

There are no tears and no resentments. Everyone is Enough at Friendsgiving.

Here is the menu for my Friendsgiving: experience, strength, and hope for everyone.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”