Meta: mind if I post about examining and confronting my evolving sense of American masculinity?

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
oak

Meta: mind if I post about examining and confronting my evolving sense of American masculinity?

Post by oak »

Hi friends.

I have a lot of ideas rattling around my brain, about my complex and evolving relationship with what it means for me to be a modern American man.

Half of the ideas I don’t believe myself, and the other half are things few want to consider: specifically, where am I not living up to my own standards?

This may involve a lot of navel gazing, and ruthless inventories of the good and especially the bad of my moral life, particularly in light of my recent nervous breakdown.

Would you all be okay if I were to post a rut th less, though not unkind, inventory of what it means to me to be a “modern American man”?

Would y’all be willing to let me spread my wings, and take a flight of fancy?
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Re: Meta: mind if I post about examining and confronting my evolving sense of American masculinity?

Post by snoringdog »

Sure!
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Re: Meta: mind if I post about examining and confronting my evolving sense of American masculinity?

Post by rivergirl »

Hi Oak,

I not only don't mind, I would be quite interested to hear your views on this topic.

By the way, if you haven't listened to the recent "Books That Kill" podcast episode about John Gray, I highly recommend it. It touches on serious issues about evolving views of gender differences, but it was also the funniest episode I've listened to so far.

rg
Mental Fairy
Issues: Recently sleep walking increased. History of anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Mental Fairy »

I would love to hear about this. Would be interesting to read your thoughts

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”