Things are changing here

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
Heatherwantspeace
preferred pronoun: she

Things are changing here

Post by Heatherwantspeace »

Well, all it took was a statement from the medical officer that we may start relaxing some things in 2 weeks, and suddenly social distancing is over. People aren't even moving to the other side of the sidewalk, and at the store people aren't even doing normal polite distancing, much less 2 meters. It's like it's all over and people can't wait to do what they want.

And I get it. It's nice here, it's the start of recreation and travel time and people want to be back to normal. But a few people I encountered today, they seemed to have an axe to grind. I really got the feeling my mask pissed them off and they were going to get right in front of me.

I think we're going to end up with 2 groups at each end. We are most definitely NOT all in this together anymore! And that's sad.
Heather
oak

Re: Things are changing here

Post by oak »

Heather, thanks for posting. It is good to see you using your words.

Yes, I remember you saying previously that your coworkers did not take social distancing seriously. Troubling.

And now the larger population around you is eager. Hmmmm.

What I alluded to in my recent post (thanks for replying!), I’ll make explicit here: unlike the people you mention, I am choosing to stay in, and observe what happens to them in 2-3 weeks. I hope I’m wrong, but I could see this coming back worse than ever. Now is a fine time for prudence.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
brownblob
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: whatshisname

Re: Things are changing here

Post by brownblob »

I think my mind is where both of your minds are.
I live an isolated life to begin with, but I am in no hurry to go out into the public. I am concerned enough with my trips to work and WalMart as it is. I like Oak will wait and see what happens before I put my toe into the public cesspool. I fear the worst but hope I am wrong.
I don't like people much and they don't much like me. -A Beautiful Mind
I'm Homesick for a home I never had.--Soul Asylum "Homesick"

Return to “Do other people feel like you do?”