A humorous blog that explains it perfectly...

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
fantine-ish

A humorous blog that explains it perfectly...

Post by fantine-ish »

Greetings... I've been keeping up with www.hyperboleandahalf.com for a while now...the writer is super talented and funny (imho). Anyway, she disppeared from the blog for a while and her latest post kinda explains why... It's aptly titled "Adventures in Depression" and I lol'd a lot when reading it...it's heartbreakingly true while also being funny because what she went through is pretty much what I go through when I'm in my "pit of despair" and seeing her take on it made me feel pretty ok, since I knew it wasn't JUST ME.

So, if you need a chuckle (and I hope you chuckle and that I'm not just totally warped) check it out. :)
DISCLAIMER: I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on tv.... So take my advice with a grain of salt and know that it's given sincerely, with a wee bit of research and experience, and with the very best of intentions and hope for your healing.
dare i say it

Re: A humorous blog that explains it perfectly...

Post by dare i say it »

I did chuckle actually. And I definitely feel a little less alone right now. For those who are interested, there is something like this created by one of our very own forum members. It's under Living with Mental Illness>Things That Help...>A Comic About Depression. There's a link in her post to a comic she created to tell a bit of her story. Both the blog and the comic are worth a look.
Be kind; everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Return to “Do other people feel like you do?”