The saving grace of your children

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
Eternally Learning

The saving grace of your children

Post by Eternally Learning »

I came to a realization today. As much as I suck at living my life well, as little as I do compared to what I need to do, and as little as I care, I probably wouldn't do any of it were it not for my children. I wouldn't have this job because I didn't feel worthy of it. I probably wouldn't have gotten married because I didn't feel like a good person. I probably wouldn't even be alive. As fucked up as I am, I'd probably be 100x worse were it not for them.

Who else out there feels like that?
The purpose of life is to make it mean something.
the cheat

Re: The saving grace of your children

Post by the cheat »

it's probably a pretty good suicide deterrent, as well. i mean, you'd have to be some special kinda asshole to off yourself when you got kids.

i don't have kids or anything, but it does sometimes keep me going knowing that there are a few people out there who care deeply about me such as my mom and siblings...
shoulda

Post by shoulda »

I agree. My grandfather committed suicide, and my father found him. No matter how I feel, I couldn't imagine doing that to my kids.
50msns

Post by 50msns »

I agree with all my heart. Years ago I literally had a gun barrel in my mouth when my baby girl started crying. typically she slept through the night but this night, at that moment, she started crying. Ever since then, no matter how down i have gone, no matter how little i care about being alive another moment, i work through it because no matter what, my kids love me and want me around. In those dark moments i stay alive for them until i get strong enough to do it for myself.
Artmart

Post by Artmart »

I remember pushing a button to raise a big industrial door at my warehouse, and as I watched it go up, I thought that it would probably pull me up on a noose without any trouble. I was picturing it, and was thinking I should just do it. I looked down and my son (3 years old then), was walking around in his coat, hat & mittens humming "Old McDonald". I broke down to my hands and knees and sobbed. I scared the crap out of my son, but it scared me even more and I realized right then and there, I could NEVER do that to him.
"The secret source of humor is not joy but sorrow; there is no humor in Heaven.” – Mark Twain
http://comicalcast.com
Cheesehead

Post by Cheesehead »

My kids are the only reason I am still alive. I would never for one minute of their lives want them to ever think it was because of them.
Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription.. is more cowbell!

Return to “Do other people feel like you do?”