do you feel like a failure?

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
MissingHiker

Re: do you feel like a failure?

Post by MissingHiker »

Stigglitz and Kayleigh, you are not alone.

Stigglitz your story is exactly the same as mine, except for the partner part. I have anxiety and I think that repels people but everything else about being beat up and having peer problems growing up, I can absolutely relate to and identify with.

M y life turned out OK, but not what it could have been. But that's OK. I accept that. Because life is chaos.

FWIW, when people criticize me (and this took a LOT of work) even in a joking way, I am able to finally take that as, life is chaos. This person doesn't even know what they're saying. Everyone is so overloaded with information from facebook and texting and yadda yadda they're talking to me while they're thinking about something else.

It's a blunt tool, it works for me.

It's a shame humans have to be so cruel and thoughtless about their impact on the feelings of others. I think a long time ago people were cruel just to be cruel but more and more now people are cruel accidentally because they're so distracted and mentally fatigued from information overload. So I try to think of that when I start to take something personally.

Return to “Do other people feel like you do?”