Injury

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
Hidalgo

Injury

Post by Hidalgo »

I go to the gym to maintain and have messed up my ankle running recently after I though it had healed from a fracture 2 years ago. It is causing a lot of discomfort and I am stressed out that I can't go to the gym. I need to be seen by the doctor and I do not have health insurance currently because I don't qualify. I am going for a physical on Monday that is being paid for by the fire dept as a requirement to be a volunteer and I wasn't anticipating my ankle giving me problems like it is. I really feel like shit and don't know what to do.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Injury

Post by manuel_moe_g »

I wish I had advice. I am too fat and this southern California fall heatwave makes me not want to move. Stationary bikes are good for a lower body workout without the excessive strain on ankles, knees, hips. Please take care, all the best, let us know about the solution that you will decide on. Cheers! :D
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
fifthsonata

Post by fifthsonata »

I know I"m a little late to your post, how did the doc visit/physical go?

There are some stabilizers you can use on your ankle to help, but perhaps you can try low-impact workouts to reduce stress until you can build up some strength again (or whatever the doc recommends). Ellipticals, bikes, and upper-body cardio is an idea if that's what you're missing out on....ellipticals are the best one for low-impact!
Hidalgo

Post by Hidalgo »

Everything is good so far after x-rays and apt. I was worried but I got lucky.

Return to “Do other people feel like you do?”