do other people find weekends harder?

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
WiltedRose

do other people find weekends harder?

Post by WiltedRose »

maybe it is because I generally work long (12-14 hour shifts) on weekends to avoid all the people "out and about", but I'm on medical leave- have been since April. And WEEKENDS kill me. Anxiety/depression worse. I feel the weekend energy from others starting already and I'm feeling sick to my stomach - and pray I will get through another weekend.... and pray I will be medically cleared to return to work as soon as possible. Just a scared vent/rant sort of thing. Very scared. I am all fear.
weary

Re: do other people find weekends harder?

Post by weary »

I find weekends harder, but not for the same reason as you, I think.

I don't have the structure of work during the week, which means I am more vulnerable to getting tangled up in my wife's chaos. And I have the competing agendas of feeling the urge to "get caught up" on work or taking care of things around the house, "taking care of myself" by exercising, journaling, etc., "working on my relationship" by spending quality time with my wife and/or dealing with problems, and just needing to fucking relax... and Sunday nights are the worst as it all comes to an overwhelming head and I feel like I haven't gotten any of the above done.
WiltedRose

Post by WiltedRose »

Weary,
i understand.
:(

Thank god it's Monday, huh?

:)
Hang in there friend.
tanglewood

Post by tanglewood »

Oh yes weekends and holidays are killing me. I think the reason is a bit different though, I find these times hard because nobody wants to hang out with me. I'm a single man living away from my family and all my friends have girlfriend or boyfriend or wife to hang out on weekends or holidays. I'm on my own by default on weekends or holidays.

Return to “Do other people feel like you do?”