Contacting admins/moderators

Dopamine Fiend

Contacting admins/moderators

Post by Dopamine Fiend »

I suppose I could PM somebody about the particular issue I have, but I figured I'd start this thread to make a suggestion. I did not see anything in the Rules/Announcement section regarding contacting admins/moderators. What is the best way to get a forum issue resolved?

For example, I tried to create a post in the addiction section (drug of choice, topic title: Opiates), but there was an error when I submitted it. So there is a thread with zero posts, and I had to recreate the thread. Now there are two topics with identical titles, and I want to ask someone to delete the empty thread.

Perhaps this forum isn't big enough yet for it to be overlooked, but I think it'd be beneficial to establish an easy way to resolve issues like this.
COMING SOON! I'll find an interesting and thought provoking quote later!
Dopamine Fiend

Re: Contacting admins/moderators

Post by Dopamine Fiend »

Oh, and also it'd be nice to have an edit function for posts! I looked around and I don't see anything.

The section of the forum I referred to in the last post is actually Substance Abuse & Addiction < What's Your Substance of Choice? not Drug of Choice
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Hello "Dopamine Fiend"! I deleted the empty thread.

Mr. "Boss-man" Gilmartin is running the forum out of his pocket, with the technical help of people smarter than me. The forum software isn't the most sophisticated, but it seems to do the job. Delete and repost with corrections seems to be the way to handle edits. Please don't hesitate to personal message me for any help you need! :D
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
Dopamine Fiend

Post by Dopamine Fiend »

Ok thank you much! Good enough for me to know there's someone I could contact.
Cheldoll
Issues: Depression, anxiety, anorexia, sexually abused
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Cheldoll »

Dopamine Fiend wrote:Oh, and also it'd be nice to have an edit function for posts! I looked around and I don't see anything.
Luckily there is a solution for this!
Attachments
You can Edit and Delete posts with the corresponding Edit and X buttons at the top right corner of a post.
You can Edit and Delete posts with the corresponding Edit and X buttons at the top right corner of a post.
editdelposts.png (40.27 KiB) Viewed 2516 times
xoxo,
Chel

" Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do,
care about many of the things you care about, although most people don't care about them.
You are not alone. " — Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Heh, didn't even notice the big "edit" button :oops: :lol:

{whoa! on my browser, the "edit" button works (because I am editing this right now) but it is invisible! :confusion-confused: }
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
Dopamine Fiend

Post by Dopamine Fiend »

I definitely don't have an edit button like the one in your pic Chel. Perhaps because I am browsing on my iphone through Safari? Or perhaps it has to do with forum ranking (based on # of posts or whatever)?

As manuel suggested, copying the text, deleting the post, then creating a new post and pasting the old text seems to be my only option at the moment. Same results, just a bit inconvenient.

Return to “Forum Suggestions/Problems”