Blog focusing on PTSD

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
comaseason

Blog focusing on PTSD

Post by comaseason »

Hi All - I've recently started a blog that focuses on my experiences with PTSD, depression, and suicide. I've been working on it for a few months, but am finally now taking the chance in posting and letting others know about it. I'm only about 3 posts in, but I have about 5 other articles I've been working on - so there should be more to come in the next few weeks. I hope that the blog will be a good blend of informative whatnot and my own personal experience.

http://passagesinsecrethouses.wordpress.com/

Feel free to message me if you have comments or questions, constructive feedback is always welcome!

Thanks
next year

Re: Blog focusing on PTSD

Post by next year »

Just be like you were before.
Oh, you mean when I was lying to everyone?
Yes! You seemed so much happier then.
I loved this quote.

Love your writing and your photographs are absolutely beautiful.
comaseason

Post by comaseason »

Just be like you were before.
Oh, you mean when I was lying to everyone?
Yes! You seemed so much happier then.
Yeah, in a lot of ways I feel trapped in the persona that my survival instinct created for myself. I didn't feel I was being fair to those that "knew" me, to all the sudden be this other person when the everything fell apart. The authentic me. Yes I may have appeared happier then but I was on an incredibly self destructive path that led me to where I am now. The old me, says I can't change because it's unfair to them. The authentic me says we gotta work on this, even if others get disappointed.
I loved this quote.

Love your writing and your photographs are absolutely beautiful.
Thank you for your words! It really means a lot to me.
Baseball10

Post by Baseball10 »

. I was a firemen for 10 years. I had a couple really bad calls. i left the fire dept . I got diagnosed with PTSD, and depression. My wife at the time left me because she didn't know how to deal with it. I can't seem to shake this. I have a Reoccurring nightmare.i wish this would go away. I lost my family because I was depressed . That's a tough pill to swallow
sandy,like the beach

Post by sandy,like the beach »

I'm sorry for your losses and pain. Have you found someone with whom you can discuss whats going on? Sometimes Dr's just prescribe meds and expect time to fix the rest.
I too have nightmares though they come from a different place. I went through a horrendous childhood that I could only remember in bits and pieces in my twenties. Now in my forties, I'd like to believe that I've worked through a lot of it, however, the sudden noises still make me jump. The sounds and smells of everyday life still make my heart race. The residue remains and can be heartbreaking if I stay there too long..thinking about it all.
I'm now trying to find a support group in my area. If you feel that talking to someone helps you, maybe I could be of service. Paul is always talking about service. Maybe this is how it starts.

I hope that you are able to find peace. Be well
Sandy
Be a Fountain, Not a Drain

Return to “PTSD”