FREE PTSD book

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
IrishCoffee

FREE PTSD book

Post by IrishCoffee »

First I would like to introduce myself, my name is Jason Griesse, I am 28 years old and I am from southern california (born and raised) I am an author and full time college student, and I I've had PTSD for 6 years now.

I've been lurking quite a bit for some time now on the forums, I cant remember how I found the podcast, I think it was browsing itunes a year back while I was looking for stuff to listen to on my daily 3 - mile walks. I really appreciate what Paul did with this podcast and the purpose it serves. I've had a hell of time trying to get help and it left me burned and out in the cold for years and years and years, but one thing I found that DID work, was listening to other people who are or had been going through the same things I am struggling with.

I suppose we are all aware that there are people out there in the same shoes, but when you encounter those people, hear them speak the words you've spoken a million times before while struggling to understand whats happening to you - well then you FEEL you arent alone, not just 'know' it. I found empathetic bonds like that allow you share the burden in a sense, even if you dont talk, if you just hear about someone who had been through it or is going through it, suddenly your pain feels a bit smaller and easier to carry.

So in that sense, I really love the podcast, and the honesty is just beautiful.

I checked the rules so hopefully I am not violating any with this post (I thought I checked, didnt see anything regarding what I am about to say.)

I wrote a book, more or less about PTSD. Its autobiographical, and I shamelessly give a down to earth perspective of the things I went through and experienced, along with immense changes my trauma caused as it more or less destroyed my entire life.

I wont get into it because if you want to hear about it, read the damn book. lol

I'm not a Doctor, I'm a guy with PTSD. I had my skull kicked in by police officers for no good reason and that very same week my girlfriend, in a completely unrelated incident, was pretty brutally beaten and raped. I go into those incidents and supplement my narrative with a few poems and private journal entries for reference. (Hell I even mention the podcast and one episode in particular I found comforting.)

Anyways, this isnt a shameless plug or self promotion, the book costs $2.99, but here is a coupon code to download it for free in any format you want.

Book does contain adult language, but no graphic descriptions of rape or violence or anything like that. Just bad words here in there to express emotions that otherwise hard to verbalize.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/315134
Promotional price: $0.00
Coupon Code: BK96T
Expires: May 31, 2013

If you want to help out, feel free to write me a review, but you dont have to. I wrote the book because reading similar stuff from other people helped me, so I hope, in turn, by sharing my story that maybe someone can find some comfort and understanding in their own lives. And I offer the book for free because this community promotes sharing and understanding and I know its helped me a lot.

Again, this costs no money and I will make no money off of this promotion whatsoever, so I dont mean to come off as greedy or suspicious. Coupon expires on May 31st, 2013, but if you stumble upon this thread at any point in the future after the coupon expires and would like to download a copy for free, please just hit me up and I will issue you an individual code.

Thank you all for your time, and if you have any questions, feel free to hit me up.

Cordially,

Jason M. Griesse
Awkwardly Fostered

Re: FREE PTSD book

Post by Awkwardly Fostered »

If you have a code, I'd love to read your book! Very cool!
HeathMcF

Post by HeathMcF »

So, I am married to a guy, who's a veteran of recent wars... he's dealing with PTSD.

I'm thinking of checking out your book. Hopefully it will help me help him.

THanks for sharing your story.
IrishCoffee

Post by IrishCoffee »

Sorry I haven't checked the forums in quite a while, been super busy.

If anyone wants to, they can read the book totally free on my website http://www.happyvampiremedia.com/ (no spam or anything to sign up for, etc there, I promise.)

If you need a copy of the ebook itself, hit me up, my contact information is on my website, I might be able to toss you an ePub or something. And as always, questions, comments, feel free to hit me up.

-Jason

Return to “PTSD”